Patrick Terminal Industrial Action - Update
Dear Valued Customers
Patrick have advised that the MUA has chosen to issue further industial action commenceing from Friday 15 October for their Sydney terminal.
Further delays to follow
Patrick Terminals - Sydney
- The current berthing delays:
- On window vessels - 4.3 days
- Off window vessels - 5.1 days
Patrick Terminals - Brisbane
- The terminal is currently experiencing low-level impact from industrial action
- Upcoming terminal stoppages due to industrial action may cause increased delays.
The Brisbane Terminal stoppages and other protected industrial actions looming are:
- Commencing at 2300 on Wednesday 13 October 2021.
- Commencing at 2300 on Thursday 14 October 2021.
Patrick Terminals - Fremantle:
- The terminal is now being impacted by industrial action and vessel bunching
- The result is that delays are increasing for certain vessels up to 7 days
- DP World has no capacity for sub-contracting until at least mid-October
Looming industrial actions in Fremantle are:
- Stoppages of work of 1-hour duration at 0400,1200 and 20000 each day (excluding Saturdays and Sundays) commencing at 1200 on Monday 11 October 2021 and ceasing on Saturday 23 October 2021.
- A ban on the performance of upgrades and/or work in higher levels commencing from 0700 on Saturday 16 October 2021 and ending at 0700 on Monday 18 October 2021.
Patrick Terminals - Melbourne:
- The Melbourne terminal schedule is busy with back to back vessels for the month of October
- Vessels are currently berthing up to 4 days behind schedule. Patrick continues to work with reduced labour availability due to COVID isolation requirements for close contacts (see also new case below).
- VICTL has no capacity for sub-contracting due to positive COVID cases and employee isolation requirements.
- DP World will support Patrick Terminals with subcontracting opportunities at the end of next week to assist in alleviating delays.
We will continue to keep you updated.
BRI Transport Team.
Back to News Page