Industrial Action Update at Patrick Terminals
Dear Valued Costomers
An update on the current situation has seen delays on a national level, where Patricks were looking to subcontract some vessel’s to other wharf’s this will be extremely limited as these terminals are also working through their peak volumes and the impact of COVID on their operations.
Below is a brief on each port:
Patrick Terminals - Sydney
- Detailed scheduling has been completed to assess the impact of industrial action in Sydney
- Two concurrent 24-hour stoppages will occur at the terminal due to industrial action coinciding with the NRL football finals and the Labour Day October long weekend
- Delays are forecast to reach an average of 5.8 days by the 11th October after the 48-hour stoppage and other work bans pending no additional industrial action launched
- DP World has no short term capacity to take sub-contracts, however, capacity may become available mid-month
- Hutchinson has no capacity to take sub-contracts
Patrick Terminals - Brisbane
- The terminal is currently experiencing low-level impact from industrial action
Patrick Terminals - Fremantle
- Following a 48 hour stoppage last weekend to coincide with the AFL Grand Final in Perth, the terminal continues to be impacted by industrial action resulting in some extended port stays for vessels.
- DP World has no capacity for sub-contracting until mid-October at the earliest.
Patrick Terminals - Melbourne
- Our Melbourne terminal schedule is busy with back to back vessels for the month of October
- Delays are forecast to increase to 7 days by mid-October due to the 40 industrial actions taken by the MUA and will continue to increase throughout the month due to rolling stoppages by the MUA
- DP World operations have been impacted by a positive COVID case and sub-contracting capacity is unknown at this stage
- VICTL has no capacity for sub-contracting due to positive COVID cases and employee isolation requirements
We will keep you updated as more information comes to light.
Our dedicated Transport team where we can control will be doing all we can to reduce the impact.
As always we thank you for your continued support.
Keeping you updated
BRI Transport Team.
Back to News Page