DP WORLD INDUSTRIAL ACTION - UPDATE
Dear Valued Customers,
The CFMMEU has given notice to DP World of further Protected Industrial Action through to the 20th November 2023. The notice given includes the following items:
Summary of the Port Stoppages;
DP World Sydney:
- A stoppage of work of 1 hour duration commencing 0500AM-0600AM, 1300PM-1400PM and 2100PM-2200PM each day starting from 1300PM Monday 13th November and finishing 0600AM Monday 20th November.
- A ban on loading and unloading of trucks and trains commencing 0600AM Tuesday 14th November and finishing 0600AM Wednesday 15th November.
- A ban on the loading and unloading of trucks and trains commencing 0600AM Thursday 16th November and finishing 0600AM Friday 17th November.
- A stoppage of work of 24 hours duration commencing 0600AM Friday 17th November and finishing 0600AM Saturday 18th November.
DP World Brisbane:
- Bans on the performance of overtime, shift extensions, loading or unloading trucks, and more.
- From 0700hrs, Thursday, 16 November to 0700hrs Saturday, 18 November, there will be a 48hr ban on loading or unloading trucks.
DP World Melbourne:
- Bans on the performance of upgrades, shift extensions, upgrades, and more.
- From 0600hrs, Thursday, 16 November to 0600hrs Saturday, 18 November there will be a 48hr ban on loading or unloading trucks.
DP World Fremantle:
- Bans on the performance of overtimes, extensions, upgrades, and more.
- There are several planned 24hr bans on the loading and unloading of trucks.
The strike actions have extended once already & it would be reasonable to assume we will continue to see ongoing disruption through December.
The flow on effect from the above is now being felt as we are seeing Ocean carriers changing port rotation & moving Stevedoring services to alternate providers, which is causing congestion & delays to secure berthing windows.
We will consistently provide updates as we receive more information.
If you have any further questions, please contact our dedicated Customer Solutions or Transport Teams.
Thank you for choosing BR International.
Back to News Page