BRi USA NEWS - Hurricane Delta Approaches Gulf Coast
Dear all Valued Customers
With Hurricane Delta closing in, the U.S. Coast Guard set port condition Yankee at the Louisiana ports of Baton Rouge, Plaquemines, South Louisiana, St. Bernard and the Venice Port Complex. Under port condition Yankee, the ports may remain open, but vessel movement within them is limited. As the weather deteriorates, each captain of the port (COPT) may upgrade the port condition to Zulu, closing the port.
While the Port of New Orleans is open for limited operations, container and breakbulk operations are closed as well are rail operations.
The Texas and Louisiana departments of transportation have not yet closed any sections of Interstate 10 in preparation for Hurricane Delta, but this could change as Delta nears landfall and water begins covering roads. Any truckers waiting to load last-minute freight in the impact zone need to get out as soon as possible. As the storm gets closer, high water, as well as downed trees and power lines due to severe winds, will lead to roadblocks.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has temporarily suspended hours-of-service (HOS) regulations for commercial truck drivers who will be directly assisting in Hurricane Delta recovery.
As of Friday, Delta was a high-end Category 3 major hurricane with winds of 120 mph, spinning 160 miles south of Cameron, Louisiana. At its current rate of forward movement, Delta should make landfall late Friday afternoon or early evening just south of Lake Charles and Lafayette, Louisiana.
Section 301 Notice of Product Exclusion Amendments
The United States Trade Representative (USTR) has announced technical amendments to previously granted exclusions and extensions for List 3 & List 4.
- 85 FR 63332: The amendments announced in this notice apply as of August 7, 2020, and continues through December 31, 2020. U.S. Customs and Border Protection will issue instructions on entry guidance and implementation.
- HTS 3824.99.9297 in U.S. note 20 (iii)(57) description modification.
- HTS 8473.30.5100 in U.S. note 20 (iii)(159) description modification.
- These product exclusions were originally published at extension notice 85 FR 48600 (August 11, 2020) Statistical reporting number 9903.88.56.
- 85 FR 63329: The amendments announced in this notice apply as of September 24, 2018, through August 7, 2020.
- HTS 8473.30.5100 in U.S. Note 20(w)(27) description modification.
- This product exclusion was originally published at exclusion notice 84 FR 49591 (September 20, 2019) Statistical reporting number 9903.88.18.
- 85 FR 63330: The amendment announced in this notice applies as of September 1, 2020, and continues through December 31, 2020. U.S. Customs and Border Protection will issue instructions on entry guidance and implementation.
- HTS 7217.20.4530 in U.S. Note 20 (jjj)(53) description modification.
- This product exclusion was originally published at extension notice 85 FR 54616 (September 2, 2020) Statistical reporting number 9903.88.57.
- 85 FR 63331: The amendment announced in this notice applies as of September 1, 2019, through September 1, 2020.
- HTS 7217.20.4530 in U.S. Note (ddd)(21) modification.
- This product exclusion was originally published at exclusion notice 85 FR 41658 (July 10, 2020) Statistical reporting number 9903.88.51.
If you have any questions regarding the exclusion process or need assistance filing for refunds on additional tariffs, BRi USA is available to help.
CBP Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF) Now Effective
As a reminder, effective October 1, 2020 the Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF) changed as follows:
• The minimum MPF will change from $26.79 to $27.23.
• The maximum MPF will change from $519.76 to $528.33.
• The fee for informal entries will change to $2.18.
• The surcharge for manual entry will change to $3.27.
• The dutiable mail fee will change to $5.99.
The ad valorem rate used to calculate MPF, 0.03464%, did not change.
BRi ERP and Order Management Program
To ensure you maintain visibility to your shipments as they move through the supply chain, please take advantage of BRi PATHWAY.
The information in PATHWAY is real-time and available 24/7.
To obtain a login for your account, please respond to this email so we can get you started!
As a valued customer, we hope that you will continue to trust us to source the best options for your supply chain needs now and into the future. Feel free to contact your Customer Solutions Representative, should you have any questions in relation to BRI USA News.
Keeping you updated,
BRI Customer Solutions Team
Back to News Page