Empty Depots Ongoing Capacity Issues
Dear Valued Customer,
As we move into peak season, we would just like to update you on the current state of Empty container depots and the current issues.
Current and ongoing issues faced:
- Insufficient timeslots per zone/day to dehire
- Lack of working hours at Empty depots compared with the industry working hours
- Lengthy delays at Empty depots for dehire and collection.
- Congestion at Empty depots due to lack of vessel movements
- Multiple redirections often resulting in missed slots, futile trips, additional lifts & most importantly inability to dehire on the hour/day the empty container is on the truck.
- High import volumes resulting in congestion in transport FCL container yards as importers booked all available shipping slots due to insecurity in the supply chain.
- Inability to source skilled and non-skilled labour; Drivers, forklift operators & labourers.
- Blank sailings
- Inability to secure Empty depots timeslots
- Empty depot congestion & turnaround times
- Extreme weather events
We have approached all Shipping lines to assist and support us in the coming months, there is no doubt congestion will continue to rise as volumes increase.
We are monitoring the situation and working closely with both Shipping lines and Transport suppliers to make sure we are ready for the upcoming season.
Please feel free to reach out to our dedicated transport team if you have any questions.
Thank you for using BR International.
Back to News Page