INDUSTRY UPDATE DP WORLD
Dear Valued Customers
DP World are working hard to recovery from the recent disruptions after reopening their gates for Import Containers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Fremantle Terminals.
There remains however, a back log that DP World are working through, and delays due to port congestion and vessels awaiting discharge after arriving in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
Shipping lines are changing port rotation which has a continuing effect on container availability. The BRi team continue are keeping abreast of the changes and are updating container availability dates as soon as we are notified.
The current indication is that it may take up to 4 weeks to get to normal operating conditions, with possible delays and late changes a distinct possibility during this period.
The BRI Team continues to monitor and work closely with our transport operators to minimise disruptions and ensure that we are keeping you updated with any relevant changes.
The most recent communication from the DP World operations team appears below:
- DP World Sydney and Melbourne facilities are closed for the 48hrs.
o Commenced Thursday 16th Nov 0600hrs and reopens Saturday 17th Nov 0600hrs
- The ban in place includes loading and unloading trucks.
- “The plan is IMPORTS ONLY for today, as we seek to restore normal service. No shows will be waived and First Free Day (FFD) and Last Free Day (LFD) dates have been adjusted …”
- “The road is open at West Swanson Terminal (WST) but it is slow as we are still having ongoing issues. WST is slotting for import deliveries only and have asked trucks to leave the queue if they are trying to deliver exports”.
- The Automated Stacking Cranes (ASCs) are dispatching jobs and the gates are operating. Staff are patrolling the Camco Gate Kiosks to offer assistance as required.
- “The terminal will be prioritising delivery of the longest dwell time imports and the receival of exports for vessels in order of arrival.”
If you have any further questions, please reach out to our dedicated Customer Solutions or Transport Team.
Thank you for choosing BR International.
Back to News Page